She wasn’t there. My life has lost all meaning, the sun has left the sky and all is darkness, and so on and so forth.
- Bought a Thermarest prolite from REI yesterday. It’s kind of expensive, but the accumulation of a set of backpacking gear has begun.
- Finally got around to watching Delicatessen. Now, the only Jeunet movie I haven’t seen is Alien: Resurrection. Maybe I shouldn’t have saved that for the last. Micmacs looks like it’ll be pretty good.
- It’s the first day of the quarter. I still don’t know what to take. All I know is that social dance is going to be a frightening experience.
- I remember there used to be a time when I actually enjoyed spring break. Now, it’s more torturous to have a week off and lose the sense of schedule and academic inertia. Maybe it’s a bad idea to have so much idle time, and that I should take actual vacations instead of sitting around with no one to talk to. It’s times like these when I feel particularly trapped and apathetic.
- Current oldies obsession: “Calendar Girl” — Neil Sedaka. I think I’m a sucker for songs that have subdivisions-of-the-year-as-a-thinly-veiled-metaphor-for-eternal-love because “I Just Called to Say I Love You” (Stevie Wonder) is also pretty great.
- Had my first private lesson yesterday, and today I’ve felt tired and broke. But it instilled some confidence and hopefully will help push me over this frustrating plateau I’ve been on the past few months.
- Can’t wait for school to start again, although I’ll be a little bit sad that it’s the last quarter. I still don’t know what classes to take, but at least there’s the hope that tp girl will return.
- Picked up the violin for the first time in a while. It’s funny how some things come back quickly, and others seem to be lost forever. I don’t know why the fingering seems a lot easier to recall than the bowing.