They say time makes everything seem better. Overall, it seemed to be a good year, possibly the best year ever. Not everything was puppies and rainbows, but I don’t wish to dwell on the perpetual sadness that is my life.
Some (all?) of the positive highlights:
- Saw Marit Larsen perform live. Although the unwinding of this tale is anything but spectacular, it was still a moment.
- Ballet, culminating in a Nutcracker performance. Still surprised that I actually did it, and how many friends showed up to watch. I think it was taking a step outside my comfort zone; nice to see I didn’t stumble.
- Graduated. Although I guess I didn’t have a huge desire to do so. Stanford is pretty great, and the real world is kind of not as great.
- Got a job. In the present economy, any job would be nice. Working at the googs is pretty incredible so far.
- First smartphone, courtesy of employer.
- Weddings of two of my best friends. I still tear up a little just thinking about them. One great bachelor party, one that still needs to be made up. So proud of these guys. Congrats, K&E and E&A.
- Fantastic trip to Europe. Visited Doug in his new hometown CPH, visited Sweden and Norway and the fjords. I guess Paris was okay, too. Brussels kind of sucked.
- Stanford football setting a school-record wins.
- Endless sequence of unrealistic crushes. Nothing like needless suffering to make one feel alive.
I think I can see a light at the end of this tunnel, although confidence building is still glacial. Frantically trying to write down and cohere these thoughts into something of a prescriptive philosophy.
Looking forward to a good 2011. Resolutions to come soon.