A most lovely weekend, which — despite whatever results from this coming week — will hopefully still remain wonderful in my mind.
- Went to my first Viennese Ball to watch K+E’s opening choreography. I’m glad that all their hard work paid off; it really looked like the two of them whipped everyone into shape. And their dances definitely had their cuteness stamp all over the choreography. I might actually be tempted to stay and dance next year… we’ll see. Also, a lesson: don’t throw out all your white dress shirts just because you’ll never need them for work.
- Saturday morning and early afternoon were, like, perfect.
- And then rehearsal started and it was pretty much sheer madness. The AD looked like he was re-choreographing the piece on the fly. My working memory was about 8 counts, and the girl’s been battling some ankle/foot injury and can’t go full out (which means I couldn’t copy or cue off her). So all we have to go by is some video captured on his phone of us weakly marking the steps. It’s going to be a long 10 weeks of rehearsal…
- Ran some errands on Sunday. Got a smog check for my car which cost $60; I guess not too many places are open on Sun. Went shooting with sister and some friends. Also first time I went to costco in a while. All those TVs near the entrance were calling me. Should I buy a TV and maybe a couch to go with it?
- The nights have been a bit quiet, so I’ve been making it through The Annotated Hans Christian Andersen. Some of these fairy tales are pretty serious, especially the ones he wrote later in his life.